Stormwater Management and Compliance
MSE provides full-service stormwater management and compliance services. Our clients have come to rely on MSE’s experience and expertise to assure compliance with local, state, and federal stormwater and water quality requirements outlined in regulatory permits and monitoring plans. MSE has the experience to apply a wide range of technical solutions for industrial facilities and construction projects, including: linear transportation projects (highway, rail, utility); oil and gas industry; military installations; waterfront facilities; tall communication towers; commercial wind turbines, and; conventional building construction.
Our stormwater services include:
- Construction stormwater permitting and compliance
- Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) industrial stormwater permitting and compliance
- MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) permitting and compliance
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) development
- Stormwater inspections by qualified inspectors
- Erosion and sediment control devices (best management practices) installation services
- Temporary and permanent site stabilization services.
MSE employs Alaska Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Leads (AK-CESCL) to develop site specific erosion and sediment control plans, and to monitor construction-related sediment and erosion controls.
Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans
and Facility Response Plans (FRP)
MSE has extensive experience developing Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans and Facility Response Plans (FRP) for facilities across multiple sectors throughout Alaska. In addition to preparing SPCCs and FRPs for facilities, MSE also offers emergency response personnel training, customized for individual facilities. Our emergency response training covers a broad range of topics on spill prevention, control and countermeasures, facility response, hazardous waste operations and emergency response, and first responder operations.
MSE regularly partners with a local engineering firm to design and certify our SPCC and FRP plans. MSE ensures that each plan is prepared in accordance with good engineering practices, applicable industry standards, and within the requirements of 40 CFR Part 112 of the SPCC Rule and within 33 CFR 154 of the US Coast Guard Regulations.
The following are some of the SPCC related services MSE can provide:
- SPCC and FRP Development
- Site specific emergency response training services
- SPCC inspections
National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
MSE staff have years of experience and expertise in NEPA compliance, including a wide variety of public infrastructures and facilities.
MSE has experience in preparing federal and state environmental reports under CEQA and NEPA including:
- Categorical Exclusions (CEs)
- Environmental Assessments (EAs)
- Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI)
- Technical Support for Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
Below is a list of agencies for which we have provided NEPA support:
- US Army and US Air Force
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- US Army Corp of Engineers (USACE)
- Surface Transportation Board (STB) and Federal Transit Administration
- Rural Development (USDA) and Indian Health Service (IHS)
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and US Forest Service (USFS)
- US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
Alaskan Business since 2012
Woman Owned and Operated
AK Business License: 977122
NAICS Code: 541620
Licensed & Insured